What is a Dental Exam?
Regular dental examinations are an important part of keeping your teeth and gums healthy. Regular dental exams will include:
- Diagnostic x-rays: These are to detect tooth decay, tumors, cysts, and bone loss, as well as determining tooth and root positions.
- Oral cancer screening: They will check the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for signs of oral cancer.
- Gum disease evaluation: The gums and bones around the teeth will be checked for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Examination of tooth decay: Your dentist will check the surface of each tooth for signs of decay.
- Examination of existing restorations: All current fillings, crowns, etc. will be checked if they need to be replaced.
Dental Exams at Woodstock Square Dental
Want to make an appointment? Please request an appointment date and time below. We will get back to you ASAP to confirm the closest available date and time. Thank you!
How Often Should You Get A Dental Exam
Everyone should visit their dentist for a semi-annual dental exam. Speak to our dentists about scheduling you and your family for a dental exam every 6 months.
What Happens During A Dental Exam
During your visit to the dentist for a dental exam, your dentist or oral health specialist will clean your teeth and check for cavities, gum disease, and other oral health issues. During a dental exam, your risk of developing oral health issues are evaluated and some procedures include dental X-rays, and flossing, and polish.
How To Cancel A Dental Exam
To cancel your scheduled dental exam, give our dental office a call at 519-421-0131